Friday, December 30, 2011

The End of the World… Or Something Else

Prepare yourself because I am about to blow your mind with my ability to see the near future. Not really. For some reason I have not been blessed with the gift of precognition, but I can guess – I’m not any good at that either.

So here is my top 12 in 2012.
1)   The world is not going to end. There will be predictions, and some people will sell all their belongings and sit on the top of a mountain waiting for it to happen. And somebody else will get a really good deal on those people’s electronics.

2)   Large scale OLED TV’s will finally come to market and a major fight over the best OLED format will begin.  And it will be fun to watch.

3)   Voice controlled electronics will become popular and quickly fizzle out.

4)   Apple will release a product that will not be great.

5)   There will be a major celebrity scandal. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

6)   The general population will start to kick back over incandescent light bulb sunset.

7)   Automation and remote connection of home lighting and HVAC will become standard for new homes.
8)   My children will break my touch screen remote… again.

9)   Facial recognition will be integrated in to televisions to streamline the experience.

10) 4k projectors will come down in price to the $4,500 mark

11) I will inevitably buy another movie from Redbox.

12) I will convince my wife to let me buy a new TV and then I will be too afraid to get one.
That’s it for me… Now we wait and watch. Have a wonderfully happy new year and go enjoy something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment