Friday, July 1, 2011

A Struggle for Independence

In honor of our Independence Day celebration I thought I would share a little about the fight for independence in my own life, or at least in my own living room. No I don't feel the need to secede from a tyrannical government (at the moment any way), but I might be likely to go and chuck all my subwoofer cables as a form of protest into the nearest bay that I can find.  I am tired of having my subwoofer placement limited by the need for interconnect cables.
The other day I performed a simple listening test with my subwoofer by moving it around the room to identify the "sweet spot" or best location for it.  And I found that the very best spot for it was located about three and a half feet behind the primary listening position, which –to my dismay- is simply impossible to get a subwoofer cable to (without draping it across my living room floor). So I placed the sub back in its original position and resolved that my life is destined for sub-quality subsonic frequencies.  Or is it?

Episode® Wireless Subwoofer Kit
Episode® Wireless Subwoofer Kit

I thought my subwoofer situation was hopeless, that was until I ran across this.

This is Episode's new wireless subwoofer connection.  It ties into the subwoofer output on a surround receiver then spits out a professional grade RF signal which transmits the low end frequencies up to 50 feet away to the sub, which is more than enough for even the largest of media rooms.  And at a lightning fast 13 milliseconds (about 20 times faster than the blink of an eye) not even a single beat will be missed.
So next year for our country's Independence Day celebration I will be proudly watching those bombs bursting in air in full high definition and hearing the explosions in all their ground shaking glory with my subwoofer placed exactly 3.5 feet behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment